February 28, 2012

Lost & Found

Here's a little story about something slightly interesting that happened to us this weekend: We decided to go to Costco and on the way we stopped at 7-Eleven, as we usually do.  When we finally got to Costco, Chad realized that he didn't have his wallet.  We searched the car but couldn't find it anywhere.  Since Chad knew he had had it at 7-Eleven, we drove back there to look for it.

When we got there I started looking, but Chad went straight to the cashier and asked her if she had a wallet (remember, this is all in Japanese).  She replied in the affirmative and went to the back of the store to get it....or so I thought.  Instead a manager came out with Chad's wallet wrapped in what was basically a produce bag.  He explained that someone had found it in the parking lot and brought it to him. 

Chad thanked him and made to take it, but the manager made him open it and look through it to make sure everything was there (it was) and then made him sign a little piece of paper that I assume relieved 7-Eleven of all responsibility.  Although who knows what it really said....certainly not us.

I thought this was a little elaborate but pretty "Japanese".  Maybe some stores do this in the US, but if so I've never heard of it.  The one time I left my handbag somewhere (Panera Bread in the Haywood Mall) when I went back 30 minutes later it had disappeared.  And the Panera Bread people didn't care in the slightest.  I had to cancel and replace everything.  This was a much better experience.  :)

4 comments:

  1. Amanda - Word of advice: Don't let Chad take out the baby alone. Connie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol...no kidding! He would totally lose the baby. :D

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nevermind Chad... be careful yourself! One of the first things I did with Rebekah was took her to Bilo, bought a small bag of groceries, pushed the cart out to the truck, put Rebekah in it, put up the cart and went home. It wasn't until I went to carry the groceries into the house that I realized I'd never taken them out of the cart! Like y'all, I went back, but... well... it's America. So we bought the same groceries AGAIN and this time I loaded them in the truck with Rebekah! :-) -M

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...