April 24, 2012

An Afternoon Constitutional

Since it was a beautiful day and I needed to pick up some butter at the local convenience store, I set out for a walk.  I took my camera and went by the scenic route.

I checked out a mystery tree in my yard that began unexpectedly blooming recently......


and I checked on my funny-colored petunias....


and then I enjoyed a neighbor's cherry tree.....


and another neighbor's cherry tree....



 and another neighbor's pink dogwood, masquerading as a cherry tree....


 and yet another neighbor's wall of white dangly flowers......



 and a nearby field of daffodils.

And I admired this yard, which I wished was mine.



After buying my butter (and some spur-of-the-moment olive oil) I moseyed over by the comic book/stationary shop that sits incongruously nearby.  I didn't take a photo of the shop---I thought I had one.  But it appears I don't.  Maybe one day I'll post about it, but not today.

Today I'll mention the ice cream vending machine that sits in front of said shop to lure children.  Ice cream vending machines are wonderfully common here, especially at places that children frequent.  I had always known this machine was there, and that one day I would buy an ice cream out of it but I had no intention of doing so today.


That is, until I inventoried the flavors.....chocolate chip mint....chocolate ganache.... and raspberry cheesecake.  Raspberry cheesecake, for heaven's sake!  There's only so much a pregnant lady can take.


 And then on my way back in I admired the one lonely, sad tulip that has appeared in my yard.  Coincidentally, also raspberry cheesecake flavored.


The end. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...