September 16, 2012

(Not So) Freshness

Here's another post in my completely unintentional ongoing series about Japanese hamburgers.  Not far from our apartment is a Freshness Burger outpost.  Freshness Burger (known sometimes as just "Freshness") is a chain (I don't think there are any near us in Ota) that claims to serve hamburgers using only fresh and organic ingredients.  They are well known for having veggie burgers but I believe you can also get burgers made of fish, chicken and.....Spam.  Also on the menu are hotdogs, fries, a few desserts options etc.  They don't serve the typical fountain drinks but instead have a selection of smoothies, juices and natural sodas.

Of course, we tried it out.  The first time I had a hotdog, which was disappointingly--but not surprisingly--a typical sausage-y Japanese hotdog.  Edible, but sad and not right.

And then I went back alone the other day and tried a classic burger.  At the risk of having the company come after me for slander, I am skeptical about their use of "real Australian beef".  It tasted like tofu or soy-ick or cardboard or anything but real beef.  And to make it worse, whatever it was had possibly been mixed with ground onion.  I hate onions. 

Now, this is just my opinion---Chad had a burger and just said it "wasn't that good".  Which is a far cry from my "absolutely disgusting".  And usually he is much more discerning about fast food than I am.  So by all means go and try a Freshness Burger if you're ever in Asia.  And let me know how that works out for ya.  I do recommend that you check out the smoothies and juices as they are pretty good.

just keep walking to Wendy's

inside

you can get a fruit burger which is a burger
with a slice of mango on it....you know, if
you're crazy like that


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...