March 18, 2012

Big Crazy America!

Since we arrived we have been continually entertained by this series of hamburgers at McDonald's called "Big America".  The entertaining part is that most actual Americans wouldn't touch them.  Each burger has a bunch of wacky toppings and is named after a famous area in the US.  Don't try to correlate the toppings to the name or you'll just end up confused....



When I started doing my research for this post I found that there are already many mentions of Big America on the Internet.  Apparently this is the third year Japanese McDonald's has done this, each time with different burgers.  I was able to find the 2011 ones here---seems the new ones always run from January to April.  For the record, I don't remember any of these from last year---I feel like I remember a Hollywood burger for some reason though.  Maybe that was from 2010. 

The Huffington Post has topping descriptions of the 2012 burgers, although I disagree with the description of the current Beverly Hills burger.  After careful scrutiny I have determined that it has lettuce, fried onions, Caesar sauce, a fried egg, cheese and avocado sauce.


We do not and will not know what any of these messes taste like.  You'll have to find a more adventurous blogger for that.....we can tell you that the Quarter Pounder and Chicken McNuggets are normal, and taste like they do in America. ;)


And finally, an unrelated note about some blog housekeeping---on the sidebar I moved the links to their own page and added an archive so that new readers can easily flip back through old posts.  Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...