June 5, 2012

See How My Garden Grows

Awhile back I bought some corn.  As in tiny corn stalks.  Three for about $1.50.  They're planted in my front yard.    You don't see much corn growing around here and the ears they sell in supermarkets taste like plastic.  If I get so much as one ear I will be thrilled.  Heck, at this point, if I can just get it to grow to a respectable sized stalk I'll be pretty happy.


I'm much more confident about my cucumbers, although this is also my first time growing them.  They're growing as fast as the baby.  Is this not the prettiest little cucumber you ever saw?


Tomatos and I are old friends.


And my herbs (basil, oregano, parsley) are doing nicely, except that the empty space on the end has had a couple of cilantro (called coriander here) seeds buried in it for almost two weeks.   The other herbs were bought as tiny plants.  I don't do very well with seeds for some reason.  I always thought you just put some seeds in dirt, watered them and set them in the sun but apparently I'm wrong. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...