May 27, 2011

Flora and Fauna

The plants here are almost the same as the ones in South Carolina. Azaleas, roses, irises, pansies, dianthus, hydrangeas, petunias, ferns and elephant ears are all very popular. I see cedar and pine - type trees, lemon trees are popular, and I even saw a magnolia. I recognize almost everything. I've pruned and weeded a little in my yard, the weeds here are huge.

We have lizards, butterflies, birds, bugs galore. Because of the rice paddies (more on those later) there are a few ducks that wander around the neighborhood and......we have dozens and dozens of little green frogs all over our yard. I have taken about a million frog pictures, although in my defense, they are good practice for close up shots with my new Nikon. Check out my Shutterfly site for more nature shots.

I have pretty two-toned roses and the frogs like to sit in them
mystery tree in my yard, anybody know what this is?
those are flowers, not nuts



frog party, they all come out when it rains

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...