May 29, 2011

Memorial Day Hoedown at Japanese Wal-Mart

This weekend I drove to the mall in our rental car twice by myself.   Remember here you drive on the wrong left side of the road in a car with the steering wheel on the wrong right side. So I was pretty proud of myself. And it's awesome to shop without Chad rushing me at my own speed. I'll post more details on driving later.
you'll just have to imagine the hoedown music
On the supermarket side of Japanese Wal-Mart there is an odd display at the front of the store right now. It must be a Memorial Day display.  It's an "Americana" display with American flags and a poster of a Japanese girl in a cowboy hat and hoedown music playing on a boombox. And typical American food, of course. What is typical American food? Budweiser, Spam, Pringles and raw steak, apparently. Pretty accurate, I'd say.

exotic treasures from the imported food store

We can get a lot of American brands here (I'll post a list later on) although sometimes they are expensive or in tiny packages. There is also a store called Caldi that has imported foreign food from all different countries. We gave it a thorough going over and found some good stuff.

2 comments:

  1. Still NO Hamburger Helper?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda D'EspositoJune 1, 2011 at 9:20 AM

    Hey Jennifer...still no hamburger helper...still looking for that! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...