July 11, 2011

Shop 'Til You Drop

This past Saturday we went to the Ginza area in Tokyo.  We had to go to the Apple store as we had an appointment at the Genius Bar to discuss Chad's iPhone issue.  They ended up just handing him a new iPhone (no kidding, it was awesome) and we were out in about ten minutes.  Unfortunately I forgot to put the battery in the camera and Chad erased his new iPhone after we got home so no photos this trip.

After Apple we wandered around Ginza for awhile slack-jawed at all the stores available there.  Ginza is the high-end shopping district of Tokyo.  Streets lined with Cartier, Bulgari, Pucci, Burberry, Armani, Louis Vuitton, Tiffany's, etc......I am way too cheap to actually go into most of these places, but I like to know they're there.....you know, just in case we win the lottery.  (The title of this post was almost "Chad's Worst Nightmare"--his suggestion.)

When I finished slobbering all over the Chanel window we headed over to Printemps (a French department store I'd always wanted to visit) where I purchased myself a very Japanese accessory.  I got a parasol!  It is insanely hot right now and most women walking around in the sun have a parasol for some shade.  (Needless to say, tanning is NOT popular here....one day I'll do a post about all the "whitening" creams that are available.)  There were also a lot of other Japanese department stores around the area that we didn't have time to visit.

At any rate, we soon left for home but I've been working up the nerve to ride my bike down to our little local Niragawa Station and hop the train into Tokyo by myself (this is what we tried this time--it worked fine but you have to change trains in Ashikaga).  Ginza was some powerful motivation....we also got ourselves PASMO cards which makes public transportation way easier (it's just a card you reload with money that serves as a permanent subway/train ticket).  When I do, you can be sure I'll document the whole trip with lots of photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...