November 20, 2011

Things I've Purchased: Anything With Totoro On It

I am a sucker for anything with Totoro on it.  Fortunately, I don't find such things very often.  For those of you who don't know who Totoro is, he's the big gray creature in the cartoon movie I posted about here.  He's kind of like Winnie-the-Pooh for Japanese children (although actual Winnie has made it over here too) and I enjoyed his trippy little movie.

"Hey, let's go, hey, let's go...."

As you can see, I have a fishing Totoro 2012 calendar, a Totoro keychain, and no, that is not a Totoro washcloth.  It is a tiny hand towel.  I had to go purchase a bunch of these tiny hand towels (you can find them everywhere) for both Chad and myself.  See, public restrooms here never have paper towels available and often don't even have hand dryers.  Instead everyone carries around their own little towel to dry their hands.  I just happened to come across one with Totoro on it.  And I'm not the only sucker---Chad bought us both T-shirts on the Internet that have the Neko Basu (cat bus) from the movie on them. ;)

a whole shelf of Totoro in the Shinjuku Tokyu Hands store

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...