December 9, 2011

Wanted

So we went to try for our driver's licenses for the second time yesterday.  (Read about the first time here.)  We both failed again and don't really know why.  Nobody passed.  We met some nice Sri Lankans on their ninth try and another American on his fifth.  We practiced again first and the little old (ancient, really) lady who taught me this time mostly fussed about my mirror-looking, signaling and lane position while turning.  I don't have the timing just so.  Sigh.

But an interesting feature of the DMV: they have screens up prominently displaying Japan's ten most wanted criminals, all violent offenders.  I didn't think Japan had violent offenders, much less ten of them.  One of them is even a woman.



I had noticed posters with the same people in our little local train station before.  At the time I wasn't sure if they were really wanted posters.  Apparently there are rewards of 3 million yen (approx. $38,000) or 5 million yen (approx. $64,000) for information leading to their capture.  Chad and I decided that if we spotted any of them we'd say "Keep your money---just give us driver's licenses.".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...