December 18, 2011

Yummy Japanese Food!

For real!  I finally got around to trying one of the most common Japanese fast food places---a chain called Sukiya.  Sukiya serves donburi, which are basically bowls of rice with stuff on top of them.  You can get all manner of seafood, beef, pork, egg and vegetables on your rice but I prefer the plain gyūdon which is sliced beef and a broth.  It is right up my meat-and-potatos alley.  I put soy sauce and some spices they give you on it.  Very filling.  It does come with onions normally, but if there is one thing I've mastered in Japanese it's how to say "no onions, please".

I have had it twice in the past week.  :)

in the mall, but there are also stand-alone Sukiyas


menu....sorry about the glare...the one I get is top middle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...