June 29, 2011

Illiteracy

The next time you flip a package over to read the back, stop and glance over to the picture version of the instructions....if there are any.  Now imagine that you can't read the text and that those pictures are all you have to go by.  And you have a pretty good idea of how I often have to shop or cook.

I have developed a whole new appreciation for the field of Packaging Science since we've been here and whoever first came up with the idea of adding some pictures to written instructions is a saint in my book.  Usually I'm cooking when I have to figure this stuff out and I have resorted to just picking out the number of minutes/microwave wattage/degrees and crossing my fingers. (Side note: it's all Celcius and centimeters here.)

But hopefully the post title isn't a permanent state.... look for a post about the Japanese language and our lessons soon.

this can will create a force field around
your arm that will repell insects....
or it's bug spray


adding hot water to noodles in only six steps!
bugs + red bumps = bug bite ointment

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...