June 9, 2011

What's Cookin'?

For the first few weeks we were here we only had Japanese TV (now we have American TV again but that is a long, boring story about electronic gizmos). Anyway, I watched a good bit of Japanese soap operas, and informercials and talk shows. But my favorite was a cooking show in English called Your Japanese Kitchen. Harumi Kurihara is the host. She is the Japanese Martha Stewart, minus the affectations and the insider trading scandal.

Since I can only cook so many "American" dinners here (because ingredients are scarce, expensive or just a pain to decipher in Japanese) I thought I'd try to incorporate a few Japanese meals. So I got two of Harumi's English books on Amazon. Harumi's Japanese Home Cooking is specifically written for "western tastes". I'll let you all know how it goes.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...