September 5, 2011

Bookstore Blues

I torture myself occasionally by going to the bookstore in the mall.  It's torture because there are only two shelves of English books and, while the selection is pretty good, I've read half of them.  I'm saving the rest for an emergency (the ones that aren't dead boring, that is).

Everything else is still virtually impossible for me to read....for now.  (I recently started making my own flash cards of Japanese characters....it's very first grade.)  I content myself with wandering around trying to decipher what each section is.  The situation isn't that dire though, I can order books from iBooks and Nook to read on my iPad and I do so often enough to keep my sanity.  I also brought all my favorites along with me and I can re-read most of those at least once or twice a year.

I haven't even found the library yet.  I know there is one in Ota but so far no one had been able to give me sufficient directions.  Probably for the best.....a building full of free books I can't read might do me in.

the English section

this, I have determined, is the travel section

sigh

I could probably barely make it through The Very
Hungry Caterpillar or Rainbow Fish

I've scouted the kids section a lot because I know that
is where I'll have to start

Harry Potter


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...