September 2, 2011

Ciao!

So today is Italy Day in Japanese Walmart.  I assumed while I was there that this was some important day in Italian history.  However, after I got home and looked it up, I have absolutely no idea why this is Italy Day.  I can't really find anything that stands out about today in regards to Italy.  If anyone knows, please clue me in.

The displays included the standards....pasta, tomatos, olive oil etc.  Lots of Italian flags and posters of Italian villas.  And on the boombox?  Italian opera, of course.






2 comments:

  1. Sometimes Publix has Italian days too; I don't think it coincides with anything besides them having a surplus of pasta and tomato sauce on hand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what Chad thought...maybe they over-ordered. I just assumed because "America Day" coincided with Memorial Day.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...