September 1, 2011

Radio Radio

There is one English radio station (810 AM) we can tune into here.  It's a military station that is broadcast from a US military base.  I did what I thought would be some easy research to see if I could determine what base it's from but I was startled to learn exactly how much of a military presence the US has in Japan.  It took some digging around but it appears to be part of the Far East Network located out of Yokota Air Base on the outskirts of Tokyo.

At any rate, the format of the station varies from day to day, it can be rap, country, rock, classic rock, alternative, you name it.  The cutesy name it gives itself varies depending on what type of music they're playing so perhaps it's just piping it in via other stations.  The commercials may be the best part, they are usually in the form of public service announcements aimed at members of the military and to be honest they don't paint the prettiest picture of G.I. Joe.  Drunk driving is a common subject but my favorites are the ones about STDs. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...